5 Reasons why you should to quit Instagram




S h o u l d   I  q u i t  I n s t a g r a m ?


My journey with instagram has somehow been an interesting ride. 


I love imagery, I'm a visual person, and I so love getting inspired and sharing what I see. Down side over the years is...



1. You are wasting your time

I found myself that there were afternoons where I would be on the app for an hour, either scrolling, searching, and looking at other people's wonderful lives, whiles I had just had a tough day at work, or whiles I was living my mundane 



2. You are comparing yourself

I felt that at times this was my way of self-hurting myself, it was a vicious circle, I would start scrolling and then all of a sudden I would be in someone's profile, most of the time a girl, more pretty, slimmer, fitter, who'd travel all the time and got sponsored with anything and everything!



All of a sudden you feel like your life is trapped in a 9 to 5 job, where nothing is happening, and because your life is not this filter you feel angry and sad all at the same time, and then you know you have to stop scrolling. 



3. You are anxious

Before, during , and after posting a picture. Hoping people like, comment, message! And if nothing happens you delete it, because evidently is not good enough.

4. More Free time to enjoy the people and world around you!

It's amazing the amount of time and mental space that you have in your day to day! specially when you are on holiday or away during a weekend. You can be anywhere with your phone, but can't be at the beach any time you want, with no where to be, and no reason to rush. A time to disconnect, and to look around and enjoy life without a filter.


5. You feel happier!


Oh wow! your happy levels go up, trust me. Give it a go!

One year off Instagram and counting.





Comments